The typical gamer develops arm pain.
You have to take care of you too: Gamer health!!
You are the most important character in your game!
Why does my Arm Hurt?
- Sitting in the same position for hours
- High emotional involvement
- Quick banging on the keys with both hands
- Very stiff wrists, elbows, shoulders while competing
- Tension, focus, tension, focus….. NON-STOP
- Watch the intense arm, elbow, hand use on this page – you will understand quickly why PAIN develops over time
What KIND of Arm Pain do you have?
There are all kinds, but they can be treated and prevented.
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Poor circulation creating numbness
- De Quervain’s tendinosis (tenosynovitis), affecting wrist and thumb
- Golfer’s and tennis elbow (epicondylitis)
Preventing Arm Pain
- Keep active
- Resting for too long can make you weaker and less flexible
- Take anti-inflammatory tablets or gels
- Cold pack 20mins every 2-3 hours